120inna55 Forum Forum Index 120inna55 Forum
Welcome to 120inna55's Forum, a place for discussion about my blog or anything you choose. Enjoy your stay!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Thanksgiving!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
120inna55
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving! Reply with quote

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. Per our tradition, my wife and I went to her step-father and mother's home around 10:30 a.m. There, we snacked and watched football while her father-in-law fried the turkey and her mother slaved in the kitchen. My wife made the dressing which was delicious as usual. The turkey, dressing, roasted vegetables, salad, and homemade rolls were all perfect as was the company. Then we followed it up with her mom's italian cream cake and coffee---and more football! I just love her mother and father-in-law!

Then around 5:30 p.m., we schlepped (always wanted to use that word) over to my parents home for an evening meal with my parents, brother, sister, sister-in-law, newphews, niece, and my nephew's girlfriend. My mother slaved over a huge traditional meal of turkey, dressing, oyster dressing, "green rice", creamed potatoes, giblet gravy, and fruit salad. My sister made chicken-n-dumplin's, which apparently my wife prefers over mine.

Afterwards, we had our traditional white elephant Christmas ornament gift exchange, which is always fun and results in a new ornament for each family's tree.

We are so blessed to have a family that still lives in close enough proximity to have these get-togethers. What's even more of a blessing is that we all love each other dearly and genuinely care for each other. I'm reminded of this every time I hear a self-help guru or psychiatrist on talk shows give pointers on how to avoid hurt feelings and blow-ups at holiday reunions. This always seems absurd to me, but it is apparent that there are families whose gatherings are not as peaceful and enjoyable as mine. Mom, Dad, Monty, Mona, Tina, Mackey, Clayton, and Molly. I love you all, and I am so proud to call you my family. I am truly thankful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    120inna55 Forum Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: