120inna55 Forum Forum Index 120inna55 Forum
Welcome to 120inna55's Forum, a place for discussion about my blog or anything you choose. Enjoy your stay!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hulk is Smashed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
120inna55
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Hulk is Smashed! Reply with quote

Some time ago, a friend of mine at work did or said something that was probably intended to elicit an inflamatory response from me (in a good way). Because, that's just the way she is. My response was, "Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry." This was a clear reference to the 70's-80's TV series, "The Incredible Hulk" in which David (Bruce) Banner warns his nemesis, Mr. Magee. My friend had no idea to what I was referring, and I suspect, for at least a moment, she took the warning literally. I was appalled as to how this co-worker, who is of the same generation as myself, could be so 70's pop-culture illiterate. After a little education, she was quickly brought up-to-date on the reference. This evolved to the point at which she started calling me "Bruce". As a result, I called her "Betty" (the only female character in the comic book that I could recall quickly). Ever since, we've called each other by these pseudonyms. The humor is lost on our co-workers...but we're okay with that.

Recently, "Betty" went to Universal Studios (I think), so she took the following picture and gave it to me. I feel my work is complete...

pinkpjs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda miss the Hulk from the old days. I HATED the movie with Eric Bana. I'm hoping the one with Edward Norton is much better, although I heard that even Edward wasn't happy with the final result and refused to promote it. *sigh* Can't we all just get along?
Scott Leonard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    120inna55 Forum Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: